Dedicated to English Paper Piecing

Welcome to Sleepy Hollow Templates, a little blog dedicated to the English Paper Piecing method of quilting.
Let me just say first of all - I'm not an expert. But I am an enthusiastic encourager!
I have been quilting for about five years and am completely self taught from dozens of books and many hours of trial and error!
I just wanted to encourage anyone who would like to know more about this method, and if there's a hint or shortcut I can give you, then I'll be delighted to.
So, please bear with me as I build this blog.
You can help me create a useful resource by sending me your questions, so I know what you are personally struggling with regarding this method.

So feel free to follow this blog and become part of an English Paper Piecing 'group' online!
Pop back soon!!


TEMPLATES FOR THE TERRIFIED!!

Helping you to gain confidence in English Paper Piecing!
These packs will be made specifically to your requirements so prices will vary but will always be reasonable.
Please contact me via the 'diamond logo' at top left with details of the template shape you need eg hexagon, diamond, baby block, size etc.
Packs will also include some Freezer Paper templates and detailed instructions where required.
If you are not exactly sure what you need, I am happy to help you make a decision. Feel free to ask me!
English Paper Piecing is FUN!

Tuesday 14 July 2009

Hexagons

Hexagon quilts are among my favourite traditional designs. Here are some photos of a hexagon quilt I'm making. Unfortunately I've run out of the cream fabric and can't find it anywhere in the world!!! Maybe you can help me find some.
Please note, the quilt top has been stored for a while and has not been ironed before photo was taken!!! Sorry about that!







Let me know if you would like to try the hexagon design.
The quilt you see above is my own layout design.
There are several ways to place hexagons.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Just email me with any questions.


5 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi Kate, Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your comments. Your hexagon quilt is beautiful! I love your color choices. I am just now finishing a border on one that my grandmother had started. I should have had it done years ago :(
I've been to a couple of your other blogs as well. Very inspirational!

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings. Lloyd

Toyin O. said...

They look very nice.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

Gene Black said...

HI Kate. Thanks for the kind note on my blog. I tried to reply and discovered that you are set to "no reply"
I have heard that the Shetland Isles are quite lovely.